Monday, May 28, 2007

Tempos - Party with a Purpose

Yes, I woke up hungover just in time for lunch but I was so looking forward to this next gig at Tempos that soon I was cured and ready to party. Martin dropped Berny and Brydon at my house and after waiting “patiently” for the boys to finish watching the Rugby Sevens we went to Tempos for the charity gig, “Party with a Purpose”. This was in aid of the Strathyre Girls Home. I love these charity events, so I brought some of my old clothes to donate to the home as well.
It was freezing again, so Berny and I headed straight for the bar and started off with tequila and our usual Smirnoff Storm. I so wish I had slowed down a bit. We went back outside and joined the Aion Truth lads who were standing next to a cozy warm fire. We had plenty of time before the first band started so we caught up with the band and drank and drank and drank. We spoke about what brands of alcohol got us wasted. Jagermeister came up and so it occurred to us that we should have Jagerbombs. And so we had. And I wish I hadn’t.

Two hours later, and several shooters down our throats, Is that Blood? came on. The crowd they had was amazing, so much so that I couldn’t even get to the front to take some photos. Certainly not bad for a band’s first gig! I had listened to one of their tracks several months ago and I looked forward to this gig for a long time. They certainly didn’t disappoint!

After them, it was Libido’s turn and this time we managed to get to the front and partied with Aion Truth. And guess what they offered to the crowd? Jagermeister! Oh dear. I had several shots, which I shared with Morgan, but it still affected me dearly. I could feel my head spinning. They threw some merchandise to the crowd as well, and after a few misses, I finally managed to score a Diesel cap which I wore for the rest of the evening. Libido did their cover of Metallica’s “Enter Sandman” again, which I love, and so we all went craaaaaazy. These guys kickass.

Finally it was my favourite band to go on stage. Aion Truth! Duh! While they set up I got them some water and tried to sober up a little myself, but it was to no avail. Berny and I went nuts in the front and enjoyed every minute of AT’s performance. We even got a song dedicated to us, hehehhhh, their number one fans.



Chromium came on next, but I watched from the sidelines while I let Berny take-over photographing duties. She did well. When I start my own photography services, I will definitely hire her, lol. Morgan was evil enough to get us another round of Jagerbombs and that sealed my fate. I was pissssed as hell. I don’t even think I watched the last band, Hell to Pay.


We left soon after and I climbed into bed as soon as I got home, trying not to think of the hangover that awaited me the next morning. Not only did I have the mother of all hangovers, but also the flu. I still cant stop sneezing. My nose feels like a raw faulty tap. Ugh. I don’t even know why Im at work now. But its not going to stop me from partying up a storm, again and again and again. Life’s a party, enjoy the ride while you still can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was sooo much Fun!
I always have a blast with you!
The only reason I got some great pics was coz I was so pissed that I stood right infront of everyone lol

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had fun!! Awesome!
Tink