Monday, May 28, 2007

Sam’s not 21 birthday thingy

One of the cool things about being on the UJfm chat room all day (I am a self-confessed addict) is that you get to become well acquainted with the DJs as well as some very cool (and crazy) people, one of the crazy ones being Berny and myself. We have discovered some of our many personalities, occasionally coming in as Patricia Lewis, Amor Vittone and Kurt Darren, among others. This provides barrels of laughter and not much productivity in the end.

There are some regulars in the chat room, other than Berny and myself and we have clicked with some of them, so much that we have now called ourselves the “Fab 5”. A bit presumptuous of us, some might say, but it had caught on quite well and our popularity has soared with the DJs, especially Sam, who does the afternoon drive. And so she invited us for drinks last Friday night to celebrate her 20th birthday.
We got there fashionably late; over 2 hours after the party had started. Thanks to one of the F5, who I will not mention, I missed out on meeting my favourite DJ, Nick. I guess Im just going to have to wait a little bit longer. By then Sam was already tipsy and enjoying the company of good friends, including Fred and Kerran from iNeRsHa, in the cozy little joint in Melville. Eventually we managed to squeeze at one of the tables (which was rather nice since it was such a cold night, what better way to keep warm then to huddle all together?). I felt a bit claustrophobic but a few tequilas sorted that out.

We met some of the other DJs, and engaged in funny conversations, especially with Adam, he is hilarious. He was the last one to leave and stayed with us almost to the end. Sam had left early as she was driving home alone. Smart girl.

We left close to midnight after listening to some crazy chick talk about affirmative action. We all had the munchies so we stopped at Fontana to cure our cravings. I was then dropped off at home and groaned at the fact that I knew I was going to be hungover the next day, when drinking was to be resumed. The story continues…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe TEQUILA!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe some bugger made you late. You should definitely beat the crap outta him. Another night to remember.