Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Is Chromium too loud in the morning?


We had this debate on UJfm last week and I think we won fair and square. I am all for loud in the morning - the louder the better, something to wake me and cheer me up on the way to work. Coffee just doesnt seem to do it for me anymore, so why not a dose of good screaming from Chromium? The DJ of the hour was a bit concerned, after having played the track "Control" on the radio at 7am, that maybe it was a bit too loud and rough for the morning and asked everyone to phone in and give their opinions.


He knew that I was going to phone and kick his ass, cause I am a huge Chromium fan so of course I did. Too loud? Pfffffttttt, please, I want all these buggers to wake up a bit!!!! Bring it on! Some old farts said that it was, in fact, too loud, but what can you expect from them. They should just switch off their hearing aids.


If they start playing more of that kak like Nelly Retardo, Timberfake and that other penis Justin (thanks Sam), then thats it, Im done with listening to radio. That was the reason I stopped listening to 5fm and switched to UJfm. I cant stand the crap that 5fm churns out. You call that music? At least UJfm plays good South African music like iNeRsHa, Knave, The Narrow and of course, Chromium. Not to mention, kickass tracks from the likes of Slipknot, Korn, Trivium, Iron Maiden and so much more. Yes, sometimes their playlist goes a bit nuts and plays annoying music from Lady Sovereign (AAAHHHHHH!!!!!) but then I just block my ears and think of tequila.


I just think we need a solid rock radio station, purely for us die-hard rock fans. The other genres get catered for, so why cant we? Dammit!


A wise man once said (and still says): "If its too loud, you are TOO OLD!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CHROMIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whoooohooooo rock on!