Friday, April 06, 2007

Thursday night at Roxys

This was the first time that the Aion Truth Army got together in numbers to see Aion Truth perform at Roxys. And what a fun time we had! I have never seen, been dragged into and partaken in so many random group hugs in one night! Haha. It was also quite a family event: we had about 6 sets of siblings there: Foot soldier Ferdi and me, of course, Sgt Berny and Martin, Princess Amy and Corporal Craig, Lyndall and Jonathan, Morgan and her sister, and little Dylan and his brother/sister, I think. Cant really remember, oops!

Aion Truth was supposed to go on first but at the last minute they were asked to go on last, so we watched the other bands first. The Havoc Vultures kicked off, and I could have sworn we had gone back to the seventies. They weren’t bad, just not my type of music. It took us a while to figure out what the lead singer had in his pocket until he pulled it out for a song: it looked like he had glued several spoons together as some sort of instrument. Lol.

After that it was the Vulcan Nerve Pinch. Maybe I was just too tired, but I didn’t really pay too much attention plus I was bummed about how the Roxys barmen were ripping us off with the drinks. Tarryn caught them out though. After they he wanted to charge her R22 for a Red Bull (WTF???) and she complained, the barman went to the back to “check on the price” and told her it was actually R18. Still a ridiculous price, but now I am convinced we are getting ripped off big time here.

Many people were looking forward to seeing The Kick, who came on next, so I watched to see what the fuss was all about. I thought they were good, especially when another singer came on to sing the last song (awesome) but their what seemed like 15 minute long song near the end made me a bit restless.

I was disappointed that a lot of people left after The Kick were done but we still had a good crowd to watch Aion Truth. I moved to the front and had a kick ass time. My neck still hurts, but it was worth it. Awakening is definitely my favourite song and I was so chuffed when Dylan dedicated it to me, Berny and the rest of the Aion Truth Army. Thanks!!

In the end it was a good night, though it killed me to go to bed so late. Thank goodness this is a long weekend! It was also cool to finally meet some of the guys we have been chatting to on the UJfm site. Thanks for coming! Hope to see you all again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaah this was a good night, except for the part where the freaky chick jumped on me and the part where I was stuck all alone with some wierd person

CaZ said...

Sorry about leaving you alone, I just didnt know...

As for that chick, maybe she like you! HAHAHAHHAHA