Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My Licence Woes Continue...

After all the kak that I went through with the licence call centre last year, I got desperate and decided to go straight to the testing station to see if I could book for my learners’ test for once and for all. I had been warned that I’d probably need a whole day just to stand in line all day, but if that is what I have to do, then that’s what I have to do.

Last Friday, Ingrid, Basti and I finally decided to go to the Randburg testing station to book. There is strength and motivation in numbers. But it was all in vain. First of all, Ferdi and I went to the Licencing Department by mistake (he thought that was were we had to book). Ingrid and Basti had gone to the correct place and phoned me to ask me where I was. Turns out, that they don’t take any bookings on Fridays. The lazy buggers. Looks like they wanted a long weekend.

So we decided to go back on Monday. After queuing outside in the cold for almost an hour, a notice gets put on the gate saying that computers were down on Friday, will be down that day, AND the following day. Looks like they can see into the future. So they got an even longer weekend. Bastards.

What amused me was this guy that came up to me while I was walking to the long queue. He told me that he had a place right in front of the queue and he would sell it to me. So even this now has become a money making scheme! I told him no and walked away, Im not that desperate to pay R100 just for a place in front of the queue. Not yet. Well, Im glad I said no because that would have been precious money down the drain.

I went back this morning, much earlier, hoping to get a better place in the queue. But as soon as Ingrid, Basti and I were dropped off, our faces dropped when we saw that this queue was even longer than before. Seems like all the people that were turned away last week were all here today. And lets not forget that its also school holidays.

After waiting for an hour again, a man came outside and told everyone that computers were down, again, in the whole of Gauteng. Now you cant help getting angry and start to shout at this man after all this nonsense. I felt just a little bit bad for him but come on! This is really pathetic now!!!

The people I really feel sorry for is the schoolkids that wanted to use the holidays to book. They now only have one day left, and chances are they wont be able to book then either. I seriously dont know what to do anymore, my patience is running out. Maybe I should, after all, go outside Gauteng to book my learners, because this province is PATHETIC!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have also been calling non stop to book, but no luck as yet.

Maybe we should go to carltonville or somewhere next month

CaZ said...

Well calling them doesnt help either cause they are always fully booked.

I might even go to PE to book!!! Lol.