Monday, April 09, 2007

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!

Every three years or so, I get the "I-need-to-cut-my-hair-ridiculously-short" itch. And it doesnt stop itching until I do it. Last time I did it was about 3 years ago when I dyed it pitch black and cut chopped it short. So 3 years are up again, and the itch was back. I finally gave in a few weeks ago. I was anyway getting tired of the blonde, which was so difficult and expensive to maintain. I was born blonde, but it mysteriously darkened when we moved to Africa.
BEFORE:

This time I decided to go for a colour more closer to my natural hue (though I forget these days what my natural colour actually is!). I opted for a chocolate brown instead of the pitch black which made me look pale and sick - if I ever need a long break from work cause I look ill - then that is the colour I will go for!
My hairdresser had this excited look on her face as she chopped a huge bunch on my hair in one snip and showed me my hair. She asked me if I wanted to keep it but Im not that sentimental. Its actually kind of creepy to keep your own hair!! She decided I needed a "Posh Spice bob" and I looked at her in fear. Me? Posh Spice? Hell no. But I was happy with the end result. I looked nothing like Mrs Beckham as I asked her to cut it a bit shorter in the front.
AFTER:


I have to admit that I miss my long locks now, but Im blessed with a rapid hair re-growth. It should be a decent shoulder length in 6 months unless I keep on chopping it off. The advantages of this cut is that I dont have to do anything with it. No blowdrying, no brushing really. I just mess it up with mousse and voila! I love it. I feel so much better with dark hair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hair really looks good!

Unknown said...

The haircut suits you very well. But it is true South Africa darkens your hair. Don't know why. But it does happen. I think it has to do with the location you are and the proximity to the equatorial line. On the other hand, Portugal lightens it up.
Keep well,