Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Female Horror Characters

Friday’s gig at Tempo’s is themed Friday the 13th Fest, duh. Everyone has to come dressed up as their favourite horror character. Really easy, if you are a guy, there are plenty to choose from like Freddy Krueger, Jason, Dracula, Frankenstein, Leatherface, Hannibal Lecter, Ferdi, the list is endless.

But what about girls? Not many out there. Normally they get to play the victim, the damsel in distress that runs away screaming in the wrong direction and gets her head chopped off by the demented freak. They get stalked, they get slashed, or scream their lungs out, or typically, they prepare for their shower scene.
There are some sort of scary female characters, like Carrie, the little girl from the Ring, Frankenstein’s bride, Dracula’s brides, Celine from Underworld, Morticia, but most of these require a lot of effort, and frankly, Im not big on effort right now.
I have considered going as Amanda from the Saw movies. That should be simple enough. All I have to do is pull a mean face. I have the hair, I have the pure evil in me.


One of my favourite female characters and one that I would have loved to try out is the Queen of the Damned, Anne Rice's Queen Akasha, the mother of all vampires. Unfortunately, I dont look Egyptian, nor do I feel comfortable to prance around half-naked like she did. But she is definitely my favourite. So evil, so self-centered, so powerful. Until her demise that is, lol.
Or I could always go as Barbie - now THAT is scary!!! Moohahahahhahaha!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Amanda idea, red top and a black mini or jeans with red lipstick ...!!

Tink

CaZ said...

Then Amanda it is!!