Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My posse is gone

Last night we had a farewell for my posse, aka Ingrid, Ulrike and Renate. They are flying to Germany tomorrow with their family for four weeks. I am going to miss them! Without them I am sure that my social life is probably going to come to an almost complete standstill. I say almost cause I have other friends, of course, but 80% of my jolling these days is done with my chicks. It was sad to say goodbye.

So I have been thinking, while they are away, I can catch up on the following to make the time go a little bit faster:

1. Sleep! I definitely need lots of it. Despite having almost caught up on all lost sleep while recuperating from my tonsillectomy, this last weekend I again slept very little, indeed.

2. The World Cup Soccer. I have missed several crucial matches so now is the time to catch up on the latest.

3. Pay attention to my other friends that I have neglected these past few months. I feel very bad. Especially for a close friend of mine from school. We have been meaning to get together for a cup of coffee for the last year and a half and our schedules never seem to coincide.

4. Scrapbooking. Yes, I know that sounds kak and girlish but I have over 3000 photos that need to be printed and put into albums. Whenever I am with my camera (which is almost always) I get trigger happy and take pics of just about anything.

5. My tax returns! Damn, I seem to forget about that every single day that goes by. I know all my papers are stashed somewhere in my room, laughing themselves to death. Now I have to look for them.

6. Catch up on Prison Break and all of my other fave TV shows that I have recorded these past few weeks due to the World Cup. Tomorrow is the final episode of PB. I am gonna miss Wentworth!!

7. Springcleaning. I don’t even have to run my finger past my furniture in my room to notice the dust. It’s clearly visible. Since we fired our maid, not much has been dusted in my room. I am too lazy.

8. And last, but definitely not least, I have to get my butt moving and re-book to write my learner’s license. I have to get my license to kill, I mean, drive, before hell freezes over!!!

Phew! That is quite a list. And somehow I doubt all that will get done, since I know someone is going to come calling to go over to some jol, sooner or later.

No comments: