Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's another long weekend, baby!!

Today is Friday, well, almost, since tomorrow is a public holiday – youth day. And I have quite a weekend planned, as usual. Try as I might to stay indoors tonight, I will probably end up going for a drink or ten tonight. I just can’t say no to a party. But I am going to try my best to stay glued to the couch as I need plenty of beauty sleep tonight – I definitely won’t get that the next few nights!

Tomorrow is one of our friends, Shawn’s, birthday. Since it was Ingrid’s birthday on Monday they are celebrating it together tomorrow night. They promise it to be a huge bash, especially since the guest list is quite extensive and we have to cram into a restaurant. After lots of chopping and changing, they are going to have it a Primi Piatti at Rosebank – no, I am not inviting anyone, this is just noted cause I have nothing better to say right now, ha ha. They were at first going to have it at News Café but that venue is too small and gets way to crowded on a Friday night. Plus my brother says it’s gay. Right, moving on.

So I am bound to get quite inebriated tomorrow night and put a huge dent in my purse. But we have reason to celebrate, people! So no worries there, right? And since Argentina is playing Serbia tomorrow in the World Cup, I am sure we will have lots more reason to raise those glasses and cheer. I know my team will make me proud.

On Saturday, despite having to nurse a hangover for sure, I will have to get up early and get ready for Ingrid’s parents’ 25th wedding anniversary. That is going to be an even bigger bash. In fact, it is guaranteed. Since her dad is the pastor, the whole church has been invited. The guest list is well over 120 people. Oh, boy. And there is no cash bar, meaning alcohol is free. Her dad better have bought enough! There are many alcoholics here!

After all that partying, we have to be all prim and proper, bright eyed and bushy-tailed at church early Sunday morning as the youth (yes, me still included) have to do most of the service, since it’s youth day tomorrow. We have prepared a song, which sounds awesome but considering most of us will have partied non-stop up until the early hours of Sunday, I wonder if our voices will be in top form. Mmm, guess we will have to wait and see…oh, dear me.

No comments: