Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I am still in pain

My arm is sore. The part where my doctor injected me with the tetanus shot is swollen to the size of 2 five rand coins. The pain has now travelled right down to my hand, which is already sore from the cut. So I am not in the mood to type much, not that I can really, cause I had to bandage my hand to prevent further injuries, since I am jinxed.

During the past few years, I have fallen down the stairs once, fallen from a 1.5m wall once, bumped into several things (make that about 100 times) and now fallen out of a tree once. There are other incidents too, which I conveniently have forgotten about. But now, I am starting to worry that this is probably one of the ways that I am going to leave this world – dramatically! It seems that I am never short of any drama. Trouble seems to follow me wherever I go.

Take this morning. I went to a presentation that was given by our CEO. I was sitting next to one of my colleagues, who didn’t know that I had gone for a tetanus shot on Monday. She was talking to me about something that I can’t care to remember now, and for emphasis, she decided to slap my arm, right on the swollen spot, as my luck would have it. I yelped in pain (the presentation hadn’t started yet) and laughed as much as possible cause there was no way that I was going to cry in front of all these people! But I really wanted to! She felt bad, but suggested that I wear a sign on my arm warning people to stay away from my left arm. As if. But maybe I should…

Funny how that always happens though – when you hurt a part of your body, people always find a way to hit/bump/touch you there. For example, you hurt your toe. Then there will be one or 20 idiots that will step on it. It’s like your toe is calling for them to step on it! How is that?

Anyway, I can’t type anymore, the pain seems to be getting worse. I need painkillers, NOW!

2 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

You stupid stupid woman...dont sit next to people when youre infected.sis.

but ja.get to the doc...make an appointment today.


oh if you die.can i get some of youre cd's?

CaZ said...

No, its all going to charity, i.e. Ferdi. Shame, he is a lawyer, he needs all the charity he can get.