Monday, August 06, 2007

Party Weekend

This weekend I promised myself I would take it easy, but who can really do that when you are out having fun with crazy people? At least, I can assure myself that I had no blackouts or embarrasing cringe moments, phew! Friday night we got together with several of our UJfm chat room buddies, like Shadley and Shaylin. Even Michelle, the coolest DJ, joined us for a while. And what a good laugh it turned out to be.

After almost hitting a concrete wall due to Shadley (my son, the devil)'s beautiful directions, we got to Pantelis (spelling?) in Fourways in one piece. I gave a boy a piece of my mind for forgetting to mention an extra robot, but all was soon forgotten and the partying began. Berny, Cailin and Martin arrived just a few minutes after us, with concrete wall stories of their own (they followed the same directions).


I insisted I did not want to have any Jagerbombs that evening, that tequila would sufficem, but in the end my boy had the final ruling and orderered a round. I tried to do the Jager poem and got as far as "Das ist des Jagers Ehrenschild" then whatever whatever whatever, Prost! Wackhead Simpson was sitting a few tables behind us, and was having what looked to be a first date, hehehh. We should have given a taste of his own prank medicine, but we are not that cruel. Most of the time...

When it was time for us to leave, the bill was already astronomical. Shadley and co stayed until 5am, at which time he had to be carried home. Thats my boy!

Before I knew it, it was time to get up and get ready for the next big party. I was still in the shower, cursing, when Berny was dropped off at my place, just after 9am. After much rushing about, I was ready at 11 and off we went with Ferdi and the folks to Pretoria. No, my mommy and daddy did not party with us (though who says they cant, for their age, they can still have a good time). We dropped them off at a residence where they were catering that day and then we went to the Arcadia Church for their annual bazaar.


Inki and Rudi were late, in search of a damn ATM that worked, so in the meantime we got ourselves some beer, settled down and enjoyed the warm sun, which soon started to burn. Eventually they arrived and we took part in some of the games, like the fishing for the bottle, darts, shooting (wish Ferdi could have been the target, heheheh), golf etc. I must admit that the day dragged and I was starting to get bored. I chatted to some old friends, sat, and basically did nothing most of the time. Till we started to negotiate for the leftover booze....

After a few Jacks and cokes (and a few Jagers), the conversation got louder, Inki got rowdier and well, we wanted the leftover Brutal fruits to take to Hatfield for the after party. Inki's maths wasnt so good (the barman was none the wiser, haha) but luckily I managed to do some shrewd calcualtions that allowed us to get 18 bottles at cost price. So while the final auctions and cleaning up were taking place, we sat by the Jack Daniels tent, with our complimentary Jack Daniels bags and coasters and giggled like teenagers. Thats when things started to get fun and well, crazy! I have never seen Inki this drunk before, she was such a laugh.



As is tradition, the more we drink the more hungry we get. So where do you go when hunger kicks in? McDonalds, of course! Since we were going to Hatfield anyway, we went to the McDs across the road and I got the girls each a Happy Meal with the cutest little beach ball! I would like to apologise now to all the random people that got hit with those balls. Hehehheh.



We devoured our meal like wolves then got a table at Herr Gunthers. I had more Brutal Fruits than I cared for. Suddenly the tables seemed like a good spot to dance. Most of us took their turn, even Ferdi (shudder) who gave us a little striptease that none of us wanted or paid to see.



After so much dancing, twirling and singing, it was time to go. :( Time really flew, but it was so much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man this was fun, thanks so much for letting me party with you guys!
Hey Booze might have saved my life, if I wasnt with you I would prob have been with Martin.