Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Chaotic Times

After receiving a notice in my inbox earlier today that Tink commented on my last blog I looked back in horror and realised that I hadnt written a think since the 8th of August! 8th of August!! WTF? What does it say on the calendar today? Hmmmm 29th of August, that is more than 20 days after my last post. So what happened? Its been really crazy, let me tell you, in that a huge series of events have led me to shy away from the e-world, only to return fully this very morning, precisely at 10am.

A few days after my somewhat drunken convo with my boss at the Sun City Conference, where I told him how bored I was etc, I found myself bombarded with work, mostly from him and his two-I.C., plus my 10 other team-mates. My office looked like a tornado hit it once, twice and then one more time, for good measure, as I tried to make sense of what was plotting, and what needed to be done urgently. Dont get me wrong, I wasnt really complaining. I like to be kept busy, especially if its interesting work, like one of the projects I was busy with for my boss where I had to investigate the construction industry. But there were times that I wanted to pull my hair out when I couldnt seem to find the light at the end of the tunnel.

With perfect timing, my youngest brother, Ferdi, finally got a job at a small law firm, and began about 3 weeks ago, round about the same time that my workload increased. This meant that our working hours would now change as he only had to be in the office at 8, but would work till later. So instead of coming into the office early and leaving early like I have been used to, I now get here just before 8, and leave well after 5. This suited me, since I could work late, alone most of the time, and in peace. I only fell off the wagon once, when after all the frustrations, I decided to put the work aside for one afternoon and joined a few other late owls at the News Cafe across the road for a few drinks. It was what the doctor ordered.

So in addition to all that, I had to get my ducks in a row as our church's annual Spring Festival draws near (keep an eye out for details tomorrow, or search for "Spring Bazaar" on facebook). As I am the chairperson of the organising committee, I had to make sure that everything is going ahead smoothly. Again, I felt like I was having a nervous breakdown, but thanks to a few helping hands, especially Inki's very capable ones, I was assisted tremendously and it looks like this Saturday is going to be a roaring success.

Last but not least, I had to study for my learner's licence. Not wanting to repeat last year's tragic mistake of studying the day before after jolling too much, this time I hit the books seriously, in advance, and learnt everything as best I could. I wrote it early this morning in Sandton, and only did I pass, I PASSED WITH FULL MARKS! I was so chuffed. So now that leaves me to phone the call centre again and be put on the waiting list for my drivers. In fact, I am phoning them as soon as Im done typing this.

So all this didnt leave me much time for anything else really. I havent been jolling too much and even started a detox diet last week in efforts to get healthy before summer. And I joined the gym again! All this has really worn me out but I manage to keep my chin up nonetheless. In fact, I have an awesome holiday to look forward to in a few weeks time! Not to mention some celebrating this weekend!

So I am back! Lets hope I stick around longer this time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nice mini-catch-up blog! Thanks Cazz. Somehow, I missed the blog before this and only saw it this morning, when I commented!! Oops! Anyway, I was looking for your blog thread on JNF earlier ... to complain that you've abandoned your blog! But you beat me to it! Glad to have you back, hope you blog more often!

Hugs, Tink

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice to see its up and running again. now i know you're still alive.

Its great to have u back, and cant wait to see you again. Glad work was not just stress, but some great fun too.

And congrats for the learners, proud of you. that drivers had better be coming soon, i need someone to drive me around, LOl... see you soon

Anonymous said...

Well done on the Learners Buddy!

Soon we will say farewell to the days of asking our brothers to drive us around