Monday, July 30, 2007

Quick round-up of the rest of my holidays

Before I get into reviewing one of the best weekends I had, let me give you a quick summary of the rest of the events that took place while I was on leave. After the two back-to-back Tempos gigs, I woke up on Sunday feeling groggy from all the late nights. But I had to get up eventually to celebrate my uncle's birthday next door. Nothing eventful, just lunch with the family and close friends. I ducked sooner than later cause chatting with the old folk drives me dilly. That evening I convinced Ferdi to drive me to the airport to see my bestest friend Wendy who was here for the weekend. Unfortunately it was a short trip and she was on her way back to London but it was nice to catch up with her after all these years. Last time I saw her was at her wedding about 4 years ago! And looks like we will be seeing each other again very soon...more on that later.

My week was very laid-back, as was intended. Waking up late and not having to bother even to get dressed was pure bliss. I spent my days watching movies, reading books and occassionally logging on the internet world to see whats cracking (I just cant get away). The highlight was going to the movies with Ferdi to see the new Harry Potter film - Im such an addict! I was hardly disappointed though it would have been nice if they could have included more of the book - though its not always possible. I waited in antici...pation for the final book to arrive as well.

Then weekend was here quicker than ever, and time to party. Friday night we celebrated Sonja's 21st birthday (again) and decided to have one of our wild Girls' Night Out at our local hangout, the Blue Goose. It was still too cold to sit outside so we went in and got a good table in front of the band - yes, they had a band. Brace yourselves. After ordering a round of Purple Rains (which turned out to be blue because they ran out of purple colouring) the giggling and cackling began. The band started soon after and sang all the good oldies. Confidence kicked in and so Berny and I started to dance. Ingrid, Sonja and Uli took turns to join us. Some even indulged in some sokkie and twists and turns with some strange looking men. Need I say who? Hahaha
It was so much fun that we didnt notice the time. There was so much loving going round that table, cocktails, shooters, laughter, a really good time was had by all. Sonja was even asked to come up and down her drink while we sang happy birthday to her. It was sad to leave but most of us need our beauty sleep. I was promised by the band that next time I can sing "I touch myself" with them, hehehehhh.

But we didnt go home just yet. Sonja and Berny decided to go with me to Exclusive Books at Cresta so I could get my pre-ordered Harry Potter book. One look at the hellishly long queue discouraged me completely. Im a fanatic, but Im not crazy. So we went home and I got the book at a more appropriate time, like 2 that afternoon!

Saturday I got a lift from Wesley from Torment to go see them and other kickass bands like Falling Short, Inersha, Chromium, Hikatori, Namuh and many more at Foundry Fly Lounge in Pretoria. The event was called The Rock Opera which was organised by Bianca as well as Reinard from Falling Short. I was chuffed that they made me a VIP guest but all those perks had its disadvantages - never give me free booze if you want me to stay alive and well enough to see the bands. But from what I did get to watch was damn fan-rocking-tastic. Torment - you guys will go places!!!
After waking up with a serious hangover on Sunday and trying to recover and remember...before I knew it I was back at work. Not as well-rested as I would have wanted to, but at least I got some much needed R&R in between all the partying. Now Im planning my next holiday!

No comments: