Wednesday, July 25, 2007

How we hijacked UJfm

OK, so this is the first instalment of a series of events that took place the moment I stepped out of work on Friday the 13th and commenced my much deserved week's leave. I will gradually relate everything, but give me time, cause as you all know by now, Im lazy (plus I have been busy with Harry Potter - the book, not the boy, you pervs - and catching up with work).

So, anyway, since it was Ferdi's birthday on the 6th, he proclaimed it jubilee month, all by himself, which meant we had to celebrate the hellish day he stepped on earth and damned us all to hell, the whole bloody month. As if one day isnt enough! That Friday the 13th we had several options as to what we were gonna do to carry on with the celebrations, but were waiting for Mr Martin to arrive at our place that afternoon so we could decide and make plans. On our way home from work, while listening to DJ Russell on Ujfm, Martin sms'd Ferdi and said that he would come to our place for a bit and then go home because he was tired. So no celebrations, again, since Martin wasnt here for the 6th either.

Ferdi was upset that his friend was dropping him once more and decided that he was breaking up with him. So he asked Russell to please play Cindy Lauper's "Time after Time". Yes, I know what you are thinking - why the hell is Mr "I listen to hardcore music" Ferdi requesting such a naff song to be played on air? Is he mental? Maybe. But anyone who is a big fan of "My Name is Earl" would know that that is Randy's (Ferdi look-alike to the tee!) break up song. Hence the request. Now everyone, breathe.

Russell refused to play it, and Ferdi kept on bugging him to play it. Eventually we arrived at home and moments later so did Martin. He thought that song should be played too, so he phoned Russell and insisted he play it otherwise we would go there to the studio and beat him up. Russell said: I DARE YOU.

Well, that settled it. Ferdi came up to my room and asked if I wanted to go to the UJfm studios to beat Russell up. He quickly updated me on why we were going there and didnt hesitate to join them in this little rendezvous. After we parked at UJ and walked forever to get to E-Ring and figure out how to get in to the mighty UJfm fortress, Ferdi found a loophole and got us into the lifts near the auditorium. We soon found ourselves outside the tiny fishbowl studio, and waved at a perplexed Russell from outside the window.

The silly bugger let us in. If I had been him, I wouldnt have let us in. So its his fault. We sat on the couches next to him and tortured him for the rest of his show, one and a half hours to be exact. Well, the boys tortured him, I sat back and giggled and occassionally tried to get my voice on the airwaves. We told him which songs to play (no Cindy Lauper unfortunately on the playlist) and Martin tickled him while he read the news. I was quite impressed that he managed to read it without giggling, though he was suffering, I could see.

Occassionally, he would throw a scared look my way and I almost pitied him. But I think he did alright and managed to survive Ferdi and Martin's stinky smells and all. When he was done, the next DJ was ordered to play "Sexyback" for the boys. Im not sure if she did, cause we took a while to get to the parking lot and took forever to say goodbye to Russ.

He must have been traumatised, because the following week he visited while Nick was doing his show and warned him about certain visitors that crop up unexpectedly - Nick is scared too now. Hahaha.

I wonder if they have now barricated our secret entrance...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha! Halarious!

Tink

Anonymous said...

Next time I am going with and we do sexy Nick!