Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Long weekend here I come. Carcass, Witchfest, oh YEAH BABY!!!

A speedy recovery from last week's op was imperative, because tomorrow begins a long weekend of note, PARTY!
Being a public holiday tomorrow, I decided to take off Thursday and Friday off as well - I had to, anyway, as we are trekking down to KZN for the Witchfest rock festival. Then I thought, might as well take Monday and Tuesday too! Will need it to recover!!!

This afternoon is DRAGGING (note my frustration by the repetitive use of CAPS). Coming back to work yesterday was a total bitch yesterday, having to catch up with over a week's work. So I have worked non-stop, even took work home last night and poured over it till the wee hours, and now I have managed to complete everything with 2 hours to spare. Oh the boredom! One of my friends actually asked me earlier if I had been crying. Oh hell no, its just that my eyes are red and watery from staring at my screens all day!!!

So what does this long weekend have in store for me? Well, tomorrow we are off to a braai to celebrate Uwe's new place. Cant get too hectic as I need to pack for Witchfest. Monkey and I leave early Thursday morning, with my dear old Fritz. Not too sure who are final passengers will be, it changes all the time. We are off to Southern Cross in Mooirivier, several hours drive, so Im sure I will get to drive as well.

That's three and a half days of hardcore music. Monkey and the Torment boys will be playing on Thursday night, along with my other fave boys and gal from Fragmented Children. Its bound to be kickass, since Torment has been practising very hard and will be adding a few new things to their line-up - CANT WAIT!

The rest of the line-up is just as amazing, the main event being of course, the reunion of UK band Carcass. I have never seen them before and dont know their music too well, but Im listening to their Heartwork CD right now which Monkey kindly copied for me. It's one of his fave bands so he is more than excited about seeing them live.

Four days of camping should get rough, I hope it doesnt rain and that the weather is just awesome. We return on Sunday, so once I have recovered, I will give a full round-up here and post some pics. I know Im gonna get trigger happy!

OH GOOD TIMES ARE BACK AGAIN!!!

No comments: