Friday, August 08, 2008

F*ck Nandos


I think I am a victim of society. The evil, chicken-loving society that keeps on screwing with my preferred culinary habits. How dare they keep messing with me? If you read my blogs on a regular basis (you should, dammit, I dont do this for fun. Ok, ok, I do), you would know that I hate, I loathe, I totally abhorr chicken due to a childhood mishap. And as I am fussy, some might add the word "extremely" to that statement, the only animal that I dare eat, is Daisy the cow.

Since today is Friday, a day where most of us are tired after a long week, most probably also hungover after "Phuza" Thursday, we tend to jointly order from a greasy fast food joint of choice. Today's was Nando's. We have an in-office delivery system so we quickly browsed through the menu, wrote our selection down on a piece of paper and the designated person placed our order in time for lunch. Many of you would be surprised to learn that Nando's not only sells chicken, but also vegetarian burgers and beef prego rolls.

The last time we ordered from Nando's I got ripped off to shreds cause I opted for a veggie burger. Sacrilege! What was I thinking. So this time I went for a more neanderthal beef prego roll, chip and coke combo. My mouth was watering at the thought of tucking into the juicy roll; I couldnt wait.

Surprisingly our food arrived on time, so a friend and I went down to collect it. Back in the office, I took all the food out and started dishing out, while I searched for my yummy prego. But I just couldnt see it. Everyone had their food, and all I was left with was a chicken prego roll. A CHICKEN prego roll!!! FFS! What the F*CK???!!!!! Are you chicken lovers trying to be funny?

As soon as I exclaimed the F word out loud, everyone groaned a "Oh no, not again" in unison. You see, this is not the first time it's happened to me. It's not even the first time it's happened with Nando's, they have screwed up my order before. Damn chicken people. Last time I was patient while I calmy got my order corrected. This time I was sick, tired, sleepless and on a time bomb ready to explode. And explode I did. Unfortunately, the poor office delivery guy unfairly got the brunt of it. It was not his fault as he had placed the order precisely according to my instructions. He immediately phoned Nando's management and it turned out that the Nando's cashier decided to be clever and improvise on my order, since apparently they DID NOT SELL BEEF PREGOS ANYMORE. So who gives him/her the right to change my order? Huh?

I just didnt give a flying f*ck anymore so I demanded my money back. Even though I had already greedily wolfed down my (f*cken cold) chips and coke, I got my full money back, and rightly so. I am not going to take any more kak service, I wont stand for it. Im tired of people taking me for a ride. And I know this is a small victory on my part, but its a victory nonetheless and a path to greater things. Yes, I am taking this seriously. I am taking a stand!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fucking A, you go girl! I'm also sick and tired of sub-standard service and refuse to accept it anymore.

With regards to Nando's, I once received an office delivery from Mr D's from them. I was the designated person who then gave everyone their food. When I finally got the last burger out of the bag (mine), I realised that there was something missing ... roll, check. mayo, check. tomato, check. lettuce, check. chicken breast, fail! Can you believe it, they FORGOT to put the chicken on??!! And to add insult to injury, when I phoned to complain, the fckers wouldn't believe me until I threatened mortal damage to them, and only then did they repent and sent me a brand new meal ... an hour later! Sheeesh!

Tink

Anonymous said...

I love chicken but I had a cajun chicken at Mac Donald's on Sunday and I have been so, so sick! Yuck!Never again I say, never again!

Unknown said...

Hi Carol. I don't know if they have it on their menu, but why don't you try a bifana. It is grilled garlic steak placed inside a bread roll with mustard. Just as the prego, the bifana is a typical Portuguese food. Better luck in your next order, but you did well to give them murder, so to speak.

Take care,

Sheila